Questions about Osteopathic Traditional Rotating Internship

Started by Doughy315
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Doughy315

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
I matched into an advanced anesthesia position. I am currently completing my osteopathic approved internship now and will start my anesthesia residency in July 2013. I heard at the start of July 2014, the ACGME will no longer accept Osteopathic Approved Internships for Individuals completing ACGME approved residencies, such as Anesthesia, Dermatology, and Radiology. Is this true??
 
They are merging the accreditation boards and the ACGME will be "adopting" the DO residencies. I wouldn't worry about it, you'll either get ACGME approval for you completed training or be grandfathered in.