Step I Questions about QBank and Question Sources

Started by cdql
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cdql

Full Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1) I'm currently using random, timed Qbank and getting around 50% scores (still in my 1st week of studying). I've sort of been glazing over the explanatory answers. Should I be reading these in-depth?

2) Is this all that's needed for prep? (in terms of practice questions)
I plan on completing Qbank, completing the full-length exam that Kaplan provides, and completing the 150 questions that the NBME provides. But after that, I'm running out of ideas on where to find additional questions. Would those sources be enough? Or would you recommend more? (And what kind?)

Thanks for the help! Hope everyone makes it through these next 2 months! 😛
 
1) I'm currently using random, timed Qbank and getting around 50% scores (still in my 1st week of studying). I've sort of been glazing over the explanatory answers. Should I be reading these in-depth?

2) Is this all that's needed for prep? (in terms of practice questions)
I plan on completing Qbank, completing the full-length exam that Kaplan provides, and completing the 150 questions that the NBME provides. But after that, I'm running out of ideas on where to find additional questions. Would those sources be enough? Or would you recommend more? (And what kind?)

Thanks for the help! Hope everyone makes it through these next 2 months! 😛

I recommend doing more. Some good sources are usmle world, robbins review of path, and Qbook.
 
yes you should be reading them in depth and maybe taking notes in FA to make sure you aren't too passive when reviewing. You may think you aren't learning much but trust me, if you keep this reviewing up, your scores will improve