Questions about research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mhefne

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just signed up on the forum after reading lots of great advice. I wasn't sure where to place this question so I hope to get some useful feedback.

I entered med school just knowing I was going to be a neurosurgeon, but after just finishing my 2 week elective I'm not so sure anymore. ENT has been on my mind more and more lately, and I know feel that ENT may be just right for me.

I've been talking to an attending neurosurgeon since July about getting started on a research project, but we have yet to get started. After reading on here I'm wanting to get some ENT research in ASAP while still doing the neurosurgery project.

So here's my question and I hope I'm not overthinking this. Is there some unspoken etiquette that I should let my neurosurgery research mentor know before I also look into ENT research at the same time, or is it not an issue. I guess I just don't want to seem rude my hopping on board with another department doing research while still doing research with neurosurgery. Would this seem rude or would they really not care? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I can only imagine they'd care if your time with one project precluded your ability to spend an appropriate amount of time with the other.