Questions about rolling vs non-rolling admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tmbyao

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm in the process of completing secondaries now. I am wondering that if it'll be a smart idea to turn in 2ndaries for the rolling schools first (most schools are rolling, i believe) and turn in the non-rolling ones (Yale, Columbia, etc) later. By later, I mean later than the completion of rolling ones (maybe late august early september), but not right before the deadline of course. If the non-rolling schools won't make their offers til next February or later, is it really THAT advantageous by turning their 2ndaries in early?

Thanks!! Good luck on completing your secondaries.

tmb

Members don't see this ad.

I was kind of wondering this too. There is no difference in turning a non rolling 2ndary in today vs the day before the deadline, right?

unfrozencaveman said:
I was kind of wondering this too. There is no difference in turning a non rolling 2ndary in today vs the day before the deadline, right?
There is. Even though there's no rolling process for ADMISSIONS, they are still rolling with regards to interviews. Later on, the applicant pool will be larger and better; hence it will be harder to get an interview.