Questions about Scholl interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goalie712

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an interview at Scholl, and I was wondering if someone could let me know what makes Scholl unique. I can just see them asking me why I want to go to Scholl and I have no good answer besides location.

Could someone let me know why you choose Scholl or give me an idea of what to say, thanks?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I have an interview at Scholl, and I was wondering if someone could let me know what makes Scholl unique. I can just see them asking me why I want to go to Scholl and I have no good answer besides location.

Could someone let me know why you choose Scholl or give me an idea of what to say, thanks?

Um, we shouldn't be telling you what to say during an interview. Pretty fake and really won't help you out in the long run of things. You must have had reasons for applying to Scholl (basic sciences, research, clinicals, etc). What were they???

Members don't see this ad :)
please provide helpful replies, thank you

I really don't think anyone can or should help you here. Apply somewhere else if you can't think of good reasons to attend Scholl. It's called research...you should try it out sometime.

Gotta do some research! If you applied solely based on location and have not done any digging to see what their curriculum is like, the research opportunities available, dual degree options, clubs, board stats, residency placement, then you should start. The interviewers will know if you have a true desire to go to Scholl. An interview is a chance for them to get to know you and for you to get to know the school...but I think you should have some knowledge before the big day. Giving them little facts about Scholl you've read could never hurt. Compare/contrast aforementioned, get an opinion and voice it at the interview.

please provide helpful replies, thank you

Technically, Jewmongous WAS giving you a helpful reply. He basically gave you a list of possible reasons for going to the school (i.e. basic sciences, research etc.). All you have to do now is acutally research those topics so you can better explain yourself when asked.

Remember, your interviewers are going to be experienced physicians who probably have a good deal of wisdom and knowledge. They can see right through a person who's lying, faking, sucking up or just completely oblivious to what's going on. Ripping off what other's have said for a question as personal as "why scholl" is a one-way ticket to not getting into the school....

Technically, Jewmongous WAS giving you a helpful reply. He basically gave you a list of possible reasons for going to the school (i.e. basic sciences, research etc.). All you have to do now is acutally research those topics so you can better explain yourself when asked.

Remember, your interviewers are going to be experienced physicians who probably have a good deal of wisdom and knowledge. They can see right through a person who's lying, faking, sucking up or just completely oblivious to what's going on. Ripping off what other's have said for a question as personal as "why scholl" is a one-way ticket to not getting into the school....

Thanks uber. Overall, I was trying to helpful, even if I came off as being an *ss.

I definitely agree with your last statement. Scholl is one of the tougher schools to get into and I would definitely have my shat together and know why I wanted to go there BEFORE interviewing. All the schools asked me "why scholl/dmu/ocpm/etc?" One should expect this going into the interviews.

Just curious, what made you apply in the first place if you don't know much about the school (besides location)?

I applied to Scholl based on both recommendation and location. However, the recommendation was more of which schools not to go to, with no real insight on Scholl. But location is a big draw, due to proximity to family and friends.

As far as doing research, that is what I am starting to do. I was just looking for a place to start, and I think everyone can agree with me that vision statement's are typically bland and uninformative. I have always found that the best way to find out about a school is to talk directly to students and faculty, and I thought this forum would be a good start.

I do appreciate the direction, Thank You