Questions about SGU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brainexplorer82

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friend is going to SGU in a month or so, and would like to know the answers to the following questions. Any help or information to the same would be truly appreciated. Thanks.

1. Printing: Is there free or low cost printing on campus, or do you recommend bringing a laser printer with you?

2. Shipping stuff: How much does it cost to ship stuff to Granada? I know that it would depend on how big the box is and from where you're shipping it, but if you anyone has estimates on how much it would cost to ship stuff to Granada (ball park numbers will do) from San Francisco, and from New York, that would be appreciated.

3. If you're planning on shipping stuff to SGU, where do you send it? My guess is that you probably can't move into your room until the start date, but is there another location people can ship stuff to from the States?

4. What do you recommend bringing with you and what do you think is pretty cheap and affordable and not to worry about? e.g. books, stationery, utensils, etc.

5. Cell phones: How do people at SGU keep in touch with friends and family in the US? I do realize that one can probably use Skype, but what about cellular options - what do people use to keep in touch with people on the island, and to make phone calls to the US while on the go? Should one bring a cell phone with them?

Any information to the above questions and other things that you wish you had been told to bring to SGU before you moved will be truly appreciated.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.