questions about storing letters of rec for future use

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

onmywaytomydptdegree

Reaction score
hi guys! two of my letters of rec come from professors who won't be available during the summer to upload references to PTCAS. any ideas about how to save the letters now so that I can use them for the early decision deadline? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

you can't the letters have to be directly submitted by the professors through a link unless you send the link to yourself in a hope to circumvent the system on PTCAS.

hi guys! two of my letters of rec come from professors who won't be available during the summer to upload references to PTCAS. any ideas about how to save the letters now so that I can use them for the early decision deadline? thanks!

As the previous user stated, this isn’t possible. The professors themselves have to upload the letter directly. Could you ask for your professors’ personal email addresses? Otherwise I would recommend looking for your letters of rec elsewhere.

The previous 2 posts are 100% correct. Definitely look for someone else to submit letters as a backup plan. Sounds like those 2 professors may not be able to submit letters on time and you may miss your early decision deadlines because of that.