questions about USC & Pitt, help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waiting123

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,
I'm new here but was wondering if you could help me out. First, I was wondering if anyone could suggest topics about an ethical dilemma to talk about such as in the UPitt secondary essay. I have been think about this question a lot and cannot think of anything (btw-the essay requests that one not address cheating in an academic setting). Also, does anyone have the address to USC's admissions office because I have had my letters of rec. sent there twice (once in the beginning of nov. and once in the beginning of december) and it still does not appear to have been received on the status check page so maybe my school has the wrong address. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

USC admits they take a long time to sort through the letters of rec and update their status site. They mention on their status check website that for that reason you should not resend your letters. I don't remember exactly how long it took them to update thier site with my letters of rec but it took a good number of weeks that I also wondered if they had recieved my letters.

You may want to call office (that's if they're not on holiday vacation until jan 3 like alot of ad comms) and ask them if it's normal that they haven't updated your LOR status. As far as you specific request, you can get med school addresses from aamc.org. click on amcas, then click on medical schools .

As far as an ethical dilema . . . I didn't apply to Upitt but lets see . . . that's a tough one. Maybe someone else can offer suggestions.

For an ethical dilemma do they want a specific scenario or something more broad in medicine? They probably don't say, but what would you rather approach? I think a specific that comes up often enough is whether to report suspicious bruises on a patient to an agency dealing with domestic violence. From my discussions w/docs this can be a real hairy one (If you're right or wrong about the abuse, consequences if you're wrong, consequences if you're right, etc)