Questions about which route to go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone Im 25 I had leukemia since 2013 with two cart treatments and a transplant i was able to go back to school at 24 year old im at CC with a degree in CS /gen Ed’s but I took an anatomy course and bio as an elective I really enjoyed and i want to make a difference.

i would need my bachelors in science I would do this at the 4 year for sure.

both my parents are doctors there around 58-60 about to retire in 10 years plus my cousin a pharmacist.

im stuck which way to go either PA or MD route because my father who an MD always receives PA students to shadow and tells me its less time over MD that’s a long route plus my mom says don’t go MD since its longer and residency you don’t get treated right.

what i mean about not treated right in residency because they came here from Peru to study in Chicago till they moved to PA.

i really want to go the MD route because i want to fully help people and make a difference but my father wants me to look at the PA route since its shorter.

I never worked before since 16-22 I was in the hospital getting treatment so i zero income.

i don’t see me doing anything else.



I’m not 100% which way to go I want to be able to help people and make a difference ?


does the age matter by the time i apply i been 27-28 since im transferring to university next year and need two year of science course to complete?