Questions concerning following an informal program

Started by ekchang
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ekchang

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!

I will be graduating in spring 2008. If I was interested in enrolling myself in another college as a non-degree seeking student, to raise my BCPM GPA (undergraduate GPA??), would I be applying to the college's undergraduate program or graduate program?

Also, does it make a difference if I enroll myself into a community college as oppose to a typical four-year institute like UIC, Loyola, or Northwestern. Does the college I enroll into also make a difference to the admission committee [do they prefer to see me going to a more well-known college than a lesser known one?]

Last question, I received a C+ in Orgo II and C in a biology course. Should I consider retaking these classes (or something similar to it) or just go on to take some adv level science classes?

Any additional advice and suggestion are welcomed!

Thanks! =)
 
if you've graduated from a 4yr university (i'm assuming this what you did) then don't take classes at CC. the adcoms wont necessarily view this favorably.

i graduated from a 4yr college in may and enrolled as a non-degree seeking student for january 08 to raise my bcpm and retake some pre-req classes in which i got C's.

gluck w/everything!