Questions for Alumni and current MHA students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

818girl

Reaction score
I'll be applying to MHA programs next year and am trying to get a better insight on some of the programs. So far, Im thinking of applying to Cornell, Columbia, George Washington, University of Southern California, UC Berkeley, University Of Michigan, and John Hopkins. Below are some questions I have. Any response helps!

1. If you attended any of the programs listed, can you please list their pros and cons?
2. If you lived in a place other than with a family member, how did you pay for housing?
3. I'm from LA and don't mind moving for grad school, however, I want to move back here. Would going to a school in another state jeopardize that?
4. Do you wish you attended a different program than the one you were at or are in?
5. If you have any additional advise or things you wish you knew, please say so.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
On Page 3/4 of this link: 2019 MHA: Applied, Interviewed, Rejected, Attending
I've talked about Johns Hopkins MHA program in some detail. Feel free to check that out. It doesn't answer all your questions, but it does help with some of it. I'd be happy to discuss other questions via PM if you have any. (I'm a current first year student at the MHA program at JHU).

Hows the process going for you?