Questions for Columbia CA-1s starting in July

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Platysma

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received anything from the program recently? Where are people thinking of living? I'm trying to balance the relative cheap cost of living in Washington Heights v. living on the Upper West Side. They say if you have to commute to have fun, you won't have fun. On the other hand, if you have no money, you won't have fun either... oh well. I wish Carmine was still around, he was amazing.

Looking forward to meeting you all,

Platysma

PGY-1: Transitional Internship, Inova Fairfax Hospital
PGY-234: Anesthesiology, Columbia.

Members don't see this ad.

taking the train from washington heights to the UWS is about a 20-30 minute ride. Not a big deal. Check out the 2 neighborhoods and figure out which you'll like more. My guess is that you'll choose the UWS.

Hi, 3rd year in the midwest going into Anesthesia and scared of the cost of living in New York, How much are you guys paying for rent ( sorry to parasite on your question platysma). Thanks

You can live in Morningside Heights which is where the Columbia undergrad campus is. They have a shuttle that leaves for Presbyterian hospital I believe every half hour, and only takes about 15 minutes.