Program-Specific Info / Q's Questions for current OT students of Dominican university San Rafael

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Addicted2Coffee

Reaction score
hello I'm looking into this university and I have some questions that I can't seem to find anywhere else.
1. It says the university is research based, does that mean students do research or have opportunities to be involved in research? what does that mean for the curriculum?
2. Based on the interview, what kind of student do you think they are looking for? did it seem like they were looking for cooperation, a student with a specific interest, a leader, you know things like that?
3. Does the program do a decent job of spacing out the homework/projects or do they kind of just dump it on you?
4. It's a 3 year program. Does this mean they are going more in depth with the information they teach you?
5. is there a minimum grade percentage they expect you to maintain? I know there are programs where you have to have at least blank GPA to stay in the program
6. Is there anything unique about this university either good or bad?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anybody heard back from Dominican?

Yeah, I got an acceptance letter about 5 days after my interview, so on Friday, Feb 15th. I am thinking they will send out more acceptances soon, as I had 10 business days to put down a deposit to secure my spot or risk it getting taken by someone on the waitlist. Good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I got an acceptance letter about 5 days after my interview, so on Friday, Feb 15th. I am thinking they will send out more acceptances soon, as I had 10 business days to put down a deposit to secure my spot or risk it getting taken by someone on the waitlist. Good luck!!!

Did you end up admitting to Dominican?

Did you end up admitting to Dominican?

I did! I still haven't heard from 2 schools, and am waitlisted at 2, so the last thing I wanted was to lose my spot at Dominican and end up not getting into any of the others. I haven't 100% decided if that is where I am going to go, though. We'll see how it plays out, but I'm so ready to have all of the answers!