Questions for Pharmacy Law Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wolingfeng

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I am going to have a law exam next week and I just feel hopeless in front of all these little things. Such as for Child Resistant Cap, do pharmacists who are practicing now actually remember every single requirement and its exemption? Or it's actually going to be tested on board exam, or actually my professor is just way tooo sadistic to torture us... I am really lost...

Members don't see this ad.

Yes - I do remember every little requirement & its exemption and yes...some of it will be tested on your board exam - depending on your state.

But, it gets easier with time & experience. Its when the law becomes "gray"...the more you get into it the less black & white it becomes.

The CA law exam is supposed to be very hard now. It was hard when I took it, but they've incorporated things besides law which makes people stumble.

Oh - oddly enough - pharmacy is one of the most "regulated" of the health professions - so you're not alone.

Looks like I'll have to just get over and remember them.... painful

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes - I do remember every little requirement & its exemption and yes...some of it will be tested on your board exam - depending on your state.

But, it gets easier with time & experience. Its when the law becomes "gray"...the more you get into it the less black & white it becomes.

The CA law exam is supposed to be very hard now. It was hard when I took it, but they've incorporated things besides law which makes people stumble.

Oh - oddly enough - pharmacy is one of the most "regulated" of the health professions - so you're not alone.
One more question, I also heard a P3 student said to me something about the "gray" area of law. What does it really mean? It means there are rules and exceptions, and not really a definite boundary?

Thanks for the help!

Yes....that's when your judgement comes into play. And, you don't always get that judgement until after you've gotten out of school - but, hopefully, you'll get exposed while you're there.

Remember the phrase which is part of our profession - secundum artem - which means "to make favourably with skill". It originally referred to the actual manufacture of medications by pharmacists. But, it has evolved to encompass the skill of recognizing the many ways things can be done within the profession & in medicine in general.

There rarely is just one right way. And.....you can be "right" in your approach to a situation, but totally wrong in how you handled it. The "favorable skill" in which you handle a difficult & what some might say "wrong" way marks the difference between someone with experience & someone without or who chooses not to learn from experience. Those who see themselves as always "right" often don't go far professionally.

Good luck on the exam!

Unfortunately I do....

well then, the answer to your question is easy! federal law follows logic almost all the time...when taking the NY law portion, remember to toss logic completely out the window...
seriously, though, focus on the minute details...they will help you on the test; you will never need to know them in practice unless you work with a board member or a law professor...