Questions for PM&R

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pajaro24

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have recently discovered the PMR specialty because no one told us about this specialty over the school years. I was over 95% about choosing radiology. I think a PMR doctor should be adept at reading radiology findings right?
Also, is quite some traveling possible? I mean to accompany teams when away, etc.. Secondly, which country is the best for residency and practice, especially for sports medicine fellowship outside the USA in your opinion? I speak English, German, and Spanish. Lastly, is it possible for a PMR physician to guide athletes that use enhancing agents? I like very much biochemistry as well.
Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Members don't see this ad.

Would suggest looking into family med then sports med fellowship, since you seem to be leaning towards sports med, it’s a shorter route and better chance of matching sports med through family medicine

Reactions: 1 user
It does indeed seem like a Sports Medicine fellowship is right for you. You can do a lot of the above with PM&R, but most high-level teams will want the fellowship training.

Numbers-wise, Family Medicine gives you the best chance of getting into fellowship, but I think that PM&R is better for MSK issues.

Reactions: 1 users