May 23, 2020
Status
Medical Student
Hello everyone! I have recently discovered the PMR specialty because no one told us about this specialty over the school years. I was over 95% about choosing radiology. I think a PMR doctor should be adept at reading radiology findings right?
Also, is quite some traveling possible? I mean to accompany teams when away, etc.. Secondly, which country is the best for residency and practice, especially for sports medicine fellowship outside the USA in your opinion? I speak English, German, and Spanish. Lastly, is it possible for a PMR physician to guide athletes that use enhancing agents? I like very much biochemistry as well.
Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

AndyDufrane

15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2003
Visit site
Status
Would suggest looking into family med then sports med fellowship, since you seem to be leaning towards sports med, it’s a shorter route and better chance of matching sports med through family medicine

timisdaman

Awesome
10+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
It does indeed seem like a Sports Medicine fellowship is right for you. You can do a lot of the above with PM&R, but most high-level teams will want the fellowship training.

Numbers-wise, Family Medicine gives you the best chance of getting into fellowship, but I think that PM&R is better for MSK issues.

Reactions: cowboydoc
About the Ads