buckeye4lyfe

2+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi!

I heard that it's good to ask the people interviewing you some questions once they're done asking you questions. How many questions would be good to ask? Besides the obvious ones about financial aid and such. Any input would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:

NonTraDentalStudent

2+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi!

I heard that it's good to ask the people interviewing you some questions once they're done asking you questions. How many questions would be good to ask? Besides the obvious ones about financial aid and such. Any input would be appreciated.

The purpose of asking questions after/during an interview is to show the ADCOMS that you're truly interested in the school and that you have done your research. There's no magic number, but I'd have a good list of 5-10 questions (NOT easily Googlable) ready to go. It is likely that some of these may be answered before you get to ask them, which is why I like to have extras prepared. You wouldn't have to ask all of them, but it's better to have the questions & not need them than to get that deer in the headlights look when they turn the interview over to you.

Reactions: buckeye4lyfe

JLT223

Dental Student
2+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Do not ask about financial aid. There's usually somebody that gives a presentation during your interview day. You want thoughtful questions, not something that can be answered by going on the school's website.

OP
B

buckeye4lyfe

2+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Do not ask about financial aid. There's usually somebody that gives a presentation during your interview day. You want thoughtful questions, not something that can be answered by going on the school's website.
Good catch. Thanks!

OP
B

buckeye4lyfe

2+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
The purpose of asking questions after/during an interview is to show the ADCOMS that you're truly interested in the school and that you have done your research. There's no magic number, but I'd have a good list of 5-10 questions (NOT easily Googlable) ready to go. It is likely that some of these may be answered before you get to ask them, which is why I like to have extras prepared. You wouldn't have to ask all of them, but it's better to have the questions & not need them than to get that deer in the headlights look when they turn the interview over to you.
Good advice! Thank you!