2. How difficult are the Pharm school prereqs compared to engineering courses?
While I'm pretty much on the same page as everyone about the pharm school prereqs.. It's also important to mention that it doesn't mean
pharmacy is easier than engineering in the long haul. They are very different fields, and require different styles of thinking in certain aspects.
The
prereqs for pharmacy school may not be as challenging as engineering, but that's not to say that more advanced biology and chemistry courses aren't challenging in their own way compared to engineering courses. It's slightly more difficult for me to compare, since I came from a school during undergrad that was top 10 in engineering.. but I do think that the more advanced chemistry/biology/etc. classes can be difficult as well.
3. With the Health care bill passed how will the salaries of Pharmacist look 10 years from now? 20 years from now? Or does nobody know yet.
Unfortunately I don't have too much information with these questions, but it has become more apparent that pharmacy is now a much more challenging job market (depending on where you'd like to practice and in what field of pharmacy); you really will need to have a passion, drive, and initiative imho to be "secure."
My recommendation is to consider shadowing a pharmacist (and remember, there are many fields out there.. so even though you shadow a pharmacist in one setting, it doesn't mean that that is the only option out there) if you haven't already to see if this is a field that you'd like to enter. It's great to see you're exemplifying initiative now as a high school senior :] ..
I'd definitely recommend following SHC's recommendations, and perhaps keep engineering on your mind since it seems that you are still in the middle of deciding between careers? Or perhaps I misinterpreted the intent of your second question. I did notice that you said you wanted to be a pharmacist above, but I guess the questions made it seem like you're still kind of shopping, which is totally understandable since you've still got many years ahead of you~