Questions in the GRE Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ariel22

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,
Sorry I don't have any prep suggestions as I am just starting the process of studying myself, but I just wanted to point out that there will be no new format. That was just announced a week or two ago.

Last edited:
Yeah, i found out just last weekend, but thanks:)

I am just not sure if I should use Kaplan or Princeton and then I heard that Barron's book has 3000 vocabulary as well and I am not sure if just studying from either Kaplan or Princeton should suffice.

I don't know what you need help with the most but my suggestion is first and foremost get the DVD edition of the Princeton Review GRE for 2007, it has 4 online practise exams. It also has their hit parade list, which is a fantastic vocabulary resources and it is all that you will need for the GRE (master that vocab and you will do fantastic). Also if you need math prep I would suggest picking up a Math Workbook, which I should have done. Kaplan definitely has one I don't know about Princeton. However, if Princeton also has it then I would go with them because their content is traditional better than Kaplan especially in presentation for studying.

Good luck!

I used the Kaplan books to prep for the GRE. They are pretty easy to go through and have lots of practice tests. I would also go online and download the practice tests (www.ets.org) or get the CD (i think it is free). It gives a practice test that is exactly like the GRE (so you know where all the buttons are, how the screens work, etc.) which is VERY helpful.

Also, when taking a practice test, I would do to someplace where there are a lot of distractions (yes, i know this sounds strange). The GRE isn't like the SAT where everyone starts and ends at the same time...I scheduled my test for 930 am, arrived at 9am and was able to start before the designated start time. While I was working on my math section, the person behind me was clicking away at their keyboard for the writing section. People kept getting up, doors kept opening, it drove me crazy! (and the "sound proof" headphones they give you are no better than ear buds!).