Questions on DAT application...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhsim0223

Anteather!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have something to make sure before I submit DAT application.

On the DAT application, there are some questions that makes me confused..

1. Do you want your scores sent to your prehealth advisor (In addition to the 5 score reports included in the application fee and at no additional charge)?* Yes No

What does prehealth advisor mean?
Does it mean a counselor in bio department at my undergrad? Why do they ask this kind of question?

And one more....
2. Do you want your name made available to dental schools for recruitment purposes?* Yes No

What does 'recruitment purpose' mean in this text?
Is it similar to 'admission purpose'?

How did you guys answer the two questions above?

IS IT OKAY TO SAY 'NO' FOR BOTH QUESTIONS?
DAT makes me nervooous....

Members don't see this ad.

You can answer whatever you like to those questions, it is only a survey and does not affect your chances of admissions etc.

For the prehealth thing, they just send a copy of your scores to your undergrad advisor so that she can discuss your options etc. if thats what you want to do.

You can answer no, it does not matter.

Thanks for reply undergradguy 7!!

Then...what about the 'recruitment purpose' thing? What does 'recruitment purpose' mean?

Recruitment for what???

I think it means that they can release your scores to schools so that the school could recruit you to come to their school.

In theory this sounds great, but I think that most schools have so many applications they don't need to recruit. It would be interesting to see if anyone on the sdn was contacted by a school because they rocked the DAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
And one more....
2. Do you want your name made available to dental schools for recruitment purposes?* Yes No

What does 'recruitment purpose' mean in this text?
Is it similar to 'admission purpose'?

How did you guys answer the two questions above?

IS IT OKAY TO SAY 'NO' FOR BOTH QUESTIONS?
DAT makes me nervooous....

Recruitment Purpose means if there is a dental school who failed to fill available seats (which is very unlikely since most dental schools receive applications in x1000) and if they would like to contact dental school applicant in general (mass mailing..like CC company's mails..:laugh:) YES to the answer would put you in that pool and you might receive mail one day saying.... "Mr. abc..we have 1 lucky seat available for the year 20xx if you would like to grab that seat and become a dentist...please call 1-800-Dental School...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

PS: this is what the guy at DAT administration in chicago explained.