Questions regarding DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dhollings0

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I've roamed this forum frequently, but this is my first time posting. Anyways, I had a question regarding the DAT. For those who have taken it, does the Kaplan Blue Book go into enough detail on the informaion it DOES have (specifically the biology section)? I'm trying to get a sense of the depth and detail of the questions on the real thing.

One other question since I'm posting (a little off-topic). I want to get some experience in dental research, but how should I go about starting that?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

kaplan bio doesn't go into enough detail as necessary from what I feel. I've searched around and read a few posts on this matter here on SDN, and it seems that other people feel the same way. I would suggest looking at Schaum's Outline of Biology - it's what I used. It is more dense than kaplan, but it only gives you the stuff you need to know. I did about 2 chapters a day...that was my pace, it might be faster or slower for you given your relative comfort level with the subject matter

Regarding research- check out the local medical centers in your area, specifically if you have a local dental school, then look at the job opportunities for research assistants/student helpers. Some medical schools do have dental research because of ortho and maxillofacial surgery specialties, but that probably won't be your best bet.