Questions regarding Elective/Selectives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor4Life1769

**tr0llin, ridin dirty**
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received my schedule and I have core 1st.

OB, Gen. Surg, Psych, Peds, IM, IM - Fall of 3rd year

FP, Selectives, Selectives, Vacation, Electives, Electives - Spring of 3rd year

Elective, Elective, Elective, Rural Primary Care, Community Hospital, Community Hospital, Elective - Fall of 4th year

EM (Dec.), Selective, Selective, Selective, Vacation - Spring of 4th year

I'm particularly interested in Anesthesiology. We are only allowed to do IM/Surgical subspecialties for Selectives. We are also only allowed to do 1 elective/year in a certain field (i.e. 1 3rd year elective and 1 4th year elective in Anesthesiology).

So, for my selectives in 3rd year, I've opted to do Critical Care and Pain Management. For my 4th year selectives, I can't decide between (must pick 3) Allergy/Immunology, Endocrinology, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Pulmonology, ID. I really like the 1st 3 since they relate to myself or my family; whereas, Cardio/Pulm is probably more lucrative (as a field). ID is interesting.

Also, should I bother doing a 3rd year elective in Anesthesia and instead do 2 4th year electives in the Fall in Anesthesia?

So, if any of you have ideas on what I ought to do that could prove more helpful, please let me know. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.