questions regarding my...sexuality?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pf1996

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That's.... different? I don't remember any doing that when I applied. If it's a state school, it's probably just a government mandated question, if so, I wouldn't be too concerned? Is there a decline option?

Dude-nobody cares what your sexual orientation is. Just write anything you want-male, female, cobra, oak tree, etc., or just decline-and move on.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dude-nobody cares what your sexual orientation is. Just write anything you want-male, female, cobra, oak tree, etc., or just decline-and move on.

sexual orientation isn’t your gender lmfao

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Ok so I identify as queer (openly bi), and one of my supplementaries for a school ask my sexual orientation. I'm hella nervous, would they discriminate against me for being queer?

Just be honest and be who you are. Put down what you identify as, and if the school doesn't accept you because of that then you wouldn't want to be there anyway (doubt that they would who knows).

Just be yourself.

Reactions: 1 user

That's ignorant AF.
If you don't have anything helpful to write, then just keep scrolling.

Reactions: 1 users
Just be honest and be who you are. Put down what you identify as, and if the school doesn't accept you because of that then you wouldn't want to be there anyway (doubt that they would who knows).

Just be yourself.

This x100! I just wanted to publicly agree with this statement. Put whatever you feel is right.

sexual orientation isn’t your gender lmfao
True, so add in straight, gay, lesbian, both, neither, 2 spirit, or 3 spirit. Point still stands, nobody cares, just do what you want. Light bulb...

True, so add in straight, gay, lesbian, both, neither, 2 spirit, or 3 spirit. Point still stands, nobody cares, just do what you want. Light bulb...

You need to stop invalidating the OP's initial concern. Just because YOU don't care, doesn't mean that NOBODY cares. You don't speak for all AdComs and you definitely don't know what biases people have so... If you don't have anything helpful to contribute, then just keep scrolling.

You should label yourself as queer only if you feel comfortable doing so. I've added it into my personal statement so I think I have to check it lol. But I'm not sure if it would be a "fair game" talking point that they may ask about in the interviews, so only check queer if you'd feel comfortable speaking about it in the interviews would be my approach.

I've also heard some dental schools are looking for LGBT students for The Diversity^TM of the class makeup, and also because the LGBT population is considered underserved when it comes to healthcare.

Ok so I identify as queer (openly bi), and one of my supplementaries for a school ask my sexual orientation. I'm hella nervous, would they discriminate against me for being queer?
If they are asking openly it’s more likely because they like to give bonus points by treating sexual orientation as a URM status than trying weed out the people who aren’t straight. It’s possible it could be a trap but no one likes being sued so I would find something that obvious to be unlikely

But you shouldn’t have to answer if you don’t want to do so

You need to stop invalidating the OP's initial concern. Just because YOU don't care, doesn't mean that NOBODY cares. You don't speak for all AdComs and you definitely don't know what biases people have so... If you don't have anything helpful to contribute, then just keep scrolling.
I actually was very helpful. I said he should do whatever he wants, which seems vaguely familiar...oh, that’s because you pretty much said the same thing. But you’re right, people do have biases for no reason (hmm...maybe such as yourself, against posters whose “tone” you don’t like though you agree with their message. Something to think about there....), so OP should be careful.