Questions regarding the TOEFFL exam

Started by prominence
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

prominence

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for foreign medical graduates that are born and raised in the United States, do you need to prepare for the TOEFFL exam?

also, does anyone know what type of questions are asked on this exam? is it mostly questions on the usage of proper grammar? is it a long exam?

id appreciate any insight. thanks.
 
Judging by your post I think you'll ace this exam. Too bad scoring at the 99-percentile on TOEFL doesn't help us IMGs out too much huh 😉?

In all seriousness if you're an American this exam is a joke. Don't waste even a nanosecond worrying about it.

A question I remember from the exam:

Bill: "Hi Jane!"
Jane: "Hi Bill!"
Bill: "Jane, I missed the lecture the other day. Do you think I can get the notes from you?"
Jane: "Sorry Bill, but I'm in the same boat as you 🙁."

What does Jane mean by this?
 
DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THIS EXAM!!!

If you are a native English speaker you will have not trouble at all. As I recall, you are given 4 hours to take the exam which I finished in abolut 90 minutes or less. Dr. Cuts has given an excellent example, albeit probably one of the harder ones from the exam! 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was soooooo mad that I missed a question because I was having too much fun watching all the other people at Sylvan being so stressed about their exams!😀