• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Quick AACOMAS 2007 Question

VirusZapper

Happy Hunting >:)
10+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2006
  1. Pre-Medical
    I have a quick question regarding the official MCAT scores. Under status, when you click on your official MCAT scores, what does the "special conditions" part mean? I have a "N" listed under it. Maybe this information is in the instructions, I may have missed it. Thanks.

whatdapho

MS-I
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Apr 23, 2006
    www.myspace.com
    1. Medical Student
      I believe the N stands for normal testing conditions...i.e. no power outages, construction, etc. I dont' know how they can varify this besides having the proctors submit some type of conditions survey. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Soccer885

10+ Year Member
      Jun 6, 2006
      Florida
      1. Medical Student
        I have a question about the official MCAT score section:

I had my score released to AACOMAS about a month ago and I called to make sure they had it and they said they did. Now this new section has appeared under status and nothing is listed for my official MCAT score. Does this mean they never got my score? I keep trying to call them to ask but I keep getting sent to their mailbox instead of talking to a real person. I emailed them but have no reply. Does any body know why I don't have anything listed under my official MCAT score section? Should I re-release my MCAT score (I don't really see how it would help if it is already released)?

About the Ads

dtrain5

10+ Year Member
        Apr 11, 2006
        In a van down by the river
        1. Medical Student
          Soccer885 said:
          I have a question about the official MCAT score section:

I had my score released to AACOMAS about a month ago and I called to make sure they had it and they said they did. Now this new section has appeared under status and nothing is listed for my official MCAT score. Does this mean they never got my score? I keep trying to call them to ask but I keep getting sent to their mailbox instead of talking to a real person. I emailed them but have no reply. Does any body know why I don't have anything listed under my official MCAT score section? Should I re-release my MCAT score (I don't really see how it would help if it is already released)?
          My scores did not post until my whole application had been verified. Does anybody know what the status of "New" means after each school designation?

lala83

10+ Year Member
          7+ Year Member
          Mar 9, 2006
          1. Medical Student
            i had another quick question in case any of you guys know the answer...my school didn't go on a credit system. we had it so that every class was 1 credit, so do you know if this is what i enter into aacomas? or do i somehow convert it? thanks in advance!

amathew

10+ Year Member
            Jul 11, 2006
            1. Pre-Medical
              lala83 said:
              i had another quick question in case any of you guys know the answer...my school didn't go on a credit system. we had it so that every class was 1 credit, so do you know if this is what i enter into aacomas? or do i somehow convert it? thanks in advance!

Our advisor said that we can just put the credits as 1 or 1.5 for lab/lectures and the AACOMAS peepz could convert it.

amathew

10+ Year Member
              Jul 11, 2006
              1. Pre-Medical
                dtrain5 said:
                My scores did not post until my whole application had been verified. Does anybody know what the status of "New" means after each school designation?

is this your first time applying. it just might mean these are all first time applications and the schools are all new. just a possibility

grinchick5

10+ Year Member
                7+ Year Member
                Jul 26, 2006
                1. Medical Student
                  As long as we're asking questions, I'm trying to figure out how to enter a college course that I took in high school. I was enrolled in a local university during my junior year of high school, took a course and received credit. I can't figure out how to indicate that I was in high school when I took the class (or if I even need to make such an indication).

I’m afraid to choose “junior” and “undergraduate” when I enter the course, since I was not in college at the time.

AACOMAS won't answer phone calls or emails. Suggestions?

About the Ads
                  This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  7. This thread is locked.