Quick AACOMAS Employment Q?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

.:Buddros:.

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey
I am adding my employment history to the AACOMAS and I have a quick question I wanted to ask:

I have been bartending at various restaurants since I started college. Should I list all the restaurants that I have bartended at? I want to prove that I worked all throughout my college education, so I will probably do this. My real question is, in the description field, would it be acceptable to cut and paste the job description for each restaurant (since they are pretty much the same), or should I invent something new for each job (about 4 jobs since 1999).
Thanks for your help...
:barf:

Members don't see this ad.

When I did this, I put in the job title with a short description of the job. Then for the employers' name I just put "various". So, I had something like this:

Bartender 1995-2003 Various
Worked at a variety of locally owned restaurants serving customers to support self through college. These experiences helped me to work well under stress and with many culturally, socially and racially diverse people.

You get the idea.

wonderful advice. Thanks alot

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys keep it short and sweet for each activity or was each like a mini-essay? :confused:

I wrote as much as I felt was required to get an idea of what I did. I also considered how important each thing was to making me who I am now. So, I ended up writing a couple of paragraphs for 2 or 3 items that I did long-term and then a couple of sentences for the others. I also had a long work history in a nonmedical field. I wrote quite a bit there to point out how I gained experience and skills that would be easily transferable to the medical field.

hoberto said:
I wrote as much as I felt was required to get an idea of what I did. I also considered how important each thing was to making me who I am now. So, I ended up writing a couple of paragraphs for 2 or 3 items that I did long-term and then a couple of sentences for the others. I also had a long work history in a nonmedical field. I wrote quite a bit there to point out how I gained experience and skills that would be easily transferable to the medical field.

I did the smae thing. As well as short descriptions of the job, I wrote about what I gained from my experiences and how they would help me in medical school. They all ended up being mini essays. I did not have to many work experiences though so I had to make the most out of what I had.