Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

quick nyu question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by JumboFool, Aug 20, 2002.

1. JumboFool

JumboFool Fantasy Baseball Addict
    10+ Year Member

Am I suppoed to fill in my "college code" or the actual name of my university in the coursework section of the master application? i.e. are the college codes only for the statistical form?

What did people do?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

i wrote out the name, but college code might work too. might not be good if the adcoms don't have a list of college codes... to them it might be meaningless!

4. JumboFool

10+ Year Member

*bump*

Is this what other people did as well? please help me out.

5. pocwana

pocwana MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i wrote out the college name. i didn't even think of putting the code down because i had forgotten about the statistical form :eek: until i was printing out the regular app and checking to make sure i had everything.

6. JumboFool

10+ Year Member

With a tag team like you two, at a combined weight of 1745 posts, I think I'm obligated to take your advice. I'm a-puttin' down the university name.

Thanks a pantload. You guys should get a cool tagteam name though.

7. i made my own "list" since the space they give you is so miniscule.... i wrote 1., 2., 3. where the column asks for the college code, then beneath all the info i wrote in 1. (college name), 2. (college name), 3. (college name)...

8. calebho501

calebho501 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

If I were you, I'll put the full name of the college, then abbreviate it in a bracket. THen use that abbreviation from that on.

For example: University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)

9. HawkeyeBFP

HawkeyeBFP Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I made my own list too...I filled in the prereqs and the rest of the little grid, then appended a complete chronological list. Since I'm a non-trad, I have several schools spanning a number of years and my undergraduate degree is not from the school where I took my post-bacc classes, so I just thought it would be incredibly unclear on their form.

I did the same thing for Columbia, BTW, at their suggestion...I think whatever you can give them to make your file more understandable can probably only help. It also gave me a space to briefly explain some oddities that didn't need to be emphasized as much as they would have been by entering them in the "were there any serious problems you want to explain" section. (My school doesn't list bio lab separately from the lecture course, and doesn't assign a grade or credit to the lecture but rather to the smaller discussion group section--so it all looks odd on the transcript.)

As far as the number versus the name, definitely the name. The number is for the stats geeks, not the adcomms.