Quick Q: community college credit transferred to university

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1John4:8

living for a purpose
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a quick question and I couldn't find the answer. I took one course at a community college during one of my summers off from my university to fulfill some general education req.

How should this course be counted on the AMCAS? The credit shows up on my university transcript and on the community college transcript. Do I enter it twice or just under the university one? Also, do I need both transcripts to be sent off if I only enter it under the university transcript?

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I have a quick question and I couldn't find the answer. I took one course at a community college during one of my summers off from my university to fulfill some general education req.

How should this course be counted on the AMCAS? The credit shows up on my university transcript and on the community college transcript. Do I enter it twice or just under the university one? Also, do I need both transcripts to be sent off if I only enter it under the university transcript?

Thank you!!

Just once under the community college at which the course was originally taken. And you need to send transcripts from all colleges you have attended.