Quick Question about App Verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glassware

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is just a general question in regards to AAMC and AACOM app verification. To clarify an app is verified and marked as complete even without the letters in correct? However, an app is not marked as verified and complete without the transcript submitted?

An individual is considered a reapplicant if their app is verified? However, if a person withdraws their app before verification they wouldn't be considered a reapplicant?

And finally it takes around 30 days to verify the AAMC app. What about the AACOM app?

These are just general questions I'm wondering about for when I apply next cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

This is just a general question in regards to AAMC and AACOM app verification. To clarify

1) an app is verified and marked as complete even without the letters in correct?

2)However, an app is not marked as verified and complete without the transcript submitted?

3) An individual is considered a reapplicant if their app is verified?

4) However, if a person withdraws their app before verification they wouldn't be considered a reapplicant?
For AMCAS
1) Yes.

2) Both Primary and transcripts must be received to enter the queue for verification.

3) Only to schools you specified on the application.

4) Generally not, but a few schools send out Secondaries before verification, and I can't speak as to whether they'd have opened a file on you before the the Secondary is returned and how they'd view you if the Secondary never shows up.