glassware

7+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2011
Status
This is just a general question in regards to AAMC and AACOM app verification. To clarify an app is verified and marked as complete even without the letters in correct? However, an app is not marked as verified and complete without the transcript submitted?

An individual is considered a reapplicant if their app is verified? However, if a person withdraws their app before verification they wouldn't be considered a reapplicant?

And finally it takes around 30 days to verify the AAMC app. What about the AACOM app?

These are just general questions I'm wondering about for when I apply next cycle.

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
This is just a general question in regards to AAMC and AACOM app verification. To clarify

1) an app is verified and marked as complete even without the letters in correct?

2)However, an app is not marked as verified and complete without the transcript submitted?

3) An individual is considered a reapplicant if their app is verified?

4) However, if a person withdraws their app before verification they wouldn't be considered a reapplicant?
For AMCAS
1) Yes.

2) Both Primary and transcripts must be received to enter the queue for verification.

3) Only to schools you specified on the application.

4) Generally not, but a few schools send out Secondaries before verification, and I can't speak as to whether they'd have opened a file on you before the the Secondary is returned and how they'd view you if the Secondary never shows up.

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
To clarify an app is verified and marked as complete even without the letters in correct?
For AMCAS: you need a Primary Application and Transcripts to be Verified only
For Each School: you then follow with Secondary Application and Letters

However, an app is not marked as verified and complete without the transcript submitted?
No, you do not enter the verification queue nor does the verification process begin until both Primary Application and All Transcripts have been received. After the AMCAS Primary Application has been matched course by course with all official transcripts, will your application be verified.

An individual is considered a reapplicant if their app is verified? However, if a person withdraws their app before verification they wouldn't be considered a reapplicant?
No, after verification, your primary application then gets transmitted to each school that you have selected. They are two separate steps. Any school that your application has been transmitted to, no matter if you take any action or not, you be considered a reapplicant to that school if you were to apply again. You are only considered a reapplicant to schools you have previously applied to. If you withdraw your AMCAS primary application before it has been transmitted to a school, you would not be considered a reapplicant. However, if any student is, for whatever reason, considering that they can withdraw their application, they should not be applying. If they are worried about how some course or test turns out, they should not submit their application to AMCAS until the issue is resolved.

And finally it takes around 30 days to verify the AAMC app. What about the AACOM app?
It can take from 6 hours to 6 weeks for verification with either system

These are just general questions I'm wondering about for when I apply next cycle.
You generally seemed to be worried about the details that viewing some of the basic AMCAS videos can answer

Last edited: