Quick question about science GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rmsgolfer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took an into to physics course last summer which i needed to take as a pre-req for physic I this soming summer. My question is will that intro class be used in my science GPA, or just seen as a A in another course. Oh yeah, and how about calc. I ve heard that it is also used in science GPA's.

Members don't see this ad.

I took an into to physics course last summer which i needed to take as a pre-req for physic I this soming summer. My question is will that intro class be used in my science GPA, or just seen as a A in another course. Oh yeah, and how about calc. I ve heard that it is also used in science GPA's.

Yes. Both will factor into your science GPA.

Physics and other science courses will factor in. Math classes don't factor in for DO schools.

dxu

Members don't see this ad :)
Math classes factor in science GPAs for AMCAS, but not science GPA for AACOMAS.

Wow, I didn't know that!

when they look at science GPAs, and you are a biology major, do they look at your upper level BIOCHEM or PHYSIO classes for your Sgpa? or do they only count the pre-reqs like physics, organic, bio, chem.

If they do count the upper level science, why do they? Im sure everyone knows easier majors when comparing to bio and physiology, so is that saying the people who took easier majors will only have their pre-reqs looked at, and those with science majors will have ALL their science classes looked at?(biochem, physio, histology, immuno. etc..)

when they look at science GPAs, and you are a biology major, do they look at your upper level BIOCHEM or PHYSIO classes for your Sgpa? or do they only count the pre-reqs like physics, organic, bio, chem.

If they do count the upper level science, why do they? Im sure everyone knows easier majors when comparing to bio and physiology, so is that saying the people who took easier majors will only have their pre-reqs looked at, and those with science majors will have ALL their science classes looked at?(biochem, physio, histology, immuno. etc..)

Dont be a science major then.