Quick Question: Is Schwannoma = neurofibroma?

Started by Vivara
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Vivara

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think my Oxford Medical dictionary is incorrect in saying under 'Schwannoma' to see 'neurofibroma'. From what I have read, they are not interchangeable. Is it a misprint? I'm pretty sure that it should be 'neurilemmoma' and 'Schwannoma' listed as the interchangeable terms.

Sorry if there's something I'm missing.

Thanks,
Ed.
 
I think my Oxford Medical dictionary is incorrect in saying under 'Schwannoma' to see 'neurofibroma'. From what I have read, they are not interchangeable. Is it a misprint? I'm pretty sure that it should be 'neurilemmoma' and 'Schwannoma' listed as the interchangeable terms.

Sorry if there's something I'm missing.

Thanks,
Ed.

Vestibular schwannoma = Acoustic neuroma, that might be where the typo came from