Quick Question: Proper title for RPH Pharmacist LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SportsLover21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI GUYS!

Just trying to reach a unanimous consensus on the proper TITLE that you should input on PHARMCAS for a Letter of Recommendation from an RPH Pharmacist (Bachelors in Pharmacy). Just wondering if there's a technical way to refer them instead of using Dr. (As it slightly misleading).

NOTE: A pharmacist with NO PharmD.

THANK YOU :) :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

The one I used told me to use "DPh "

Reactions: 1 user
HI GUYS!

Just trying to reach a unanimous consensus on the proper TITLE that you should input on PHARMCAS for a Letter of Recommendation from an RPH Pharmacist (Bachelors in Pharmacy). Just wondering if there's a technical way to refer them instead of using Dr. (As it slightly misleading).

NOTE: A pharmacist with NO PharmD.

THANK YOU :) :) :)

I would do "John Smith, RPh". That is the way they are always addressed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would do "John Smith, RPh". That is the way they are always addressed.

Thanks. I'm not sure if I came off the wrong way but I curious in terms of the "Title" box PHARMCAS asks for before PHARMCAS emails them asking for their letter. It's like the first box and it has (Mr.,Ms. etc)

Thanks. I'm not sure if I came off the wrong way but I curious in terms of the "Title" box PHARMCAS asks for before PHARMCAS emails them asking for their letter. It's like the first box and it has (Mr.,Ms. etc)

I forgot how it was like on the PharmCAS (I just applied earlier this year and it already seems like a distant past :) ). If PharmCAS does not have the option to add RPh after your pharmacist's name (who has a BS of Pharmacy), then I would simply go with just Mr/Mrs/Ms. The schools will see the real titles of the LORs writers as they usually sign their names with their titles on the LORs (e.g. John Smith, RPh or John Smith, PhD or John Smith, PharmD, etc).