Quick question - update after interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teenyfish

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
At an interview I mentioned a new part time job that I had had for the past few months and my interviewer remarked that he didn't see that in my application. Should I update the school before a decision is made? This new job ties in well with my goals/"narrative" and that of the school, and I was thinking of adding in a bit of a letter of interest as well. For what it's worth, this is at a school that encourages updates/why us letters.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

At an interview I mentioned a new part time job that I had had for the past few months and my interviewer remarked that he didn't see that in my application. Should I update the school before a decision is made? This new job ties in well with my goals/"narrative" and that of the school, and I was thinking of adding in a bit of a letter of interest as well. For what it's worth, this is at a school that encourages updates/why us letters.

Thanks!
Are you me? I'm in exactly this situation and have been turning over the idea of submitting a letter like this.

My question is, would it be better to submit this letter after a decision has been made? My thinking is: if the decision is a rejection then the letter probably wouldn't help anyway. If the decision is a WL position, it could help sway towards an A. If it's an A then the letter is unnecessary!

I'm just worried that if I combine it with a letter of interest it might seem too needy? This is my top choice and I feel like it was a great fit. I'm definitely going to send the update though, as I talked about it in my interview and I don't want the adcom to wonder why I haven't updated them.