Quick question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ewt812

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I shared my homework to my friend in my freshmen year and we were caught. The professor gave us choices between admit that we shared our work, get a zero and not show up on the record, or send this case to the committee. I chose to get a zero, so I should not have any marks on my transcript.

My question is do I still need to state this on my application? I mean it's not going to show up anywhere on my transcript. Should I still let the adcoms know about this?

Members don't see this ad.

I shared my homework to my friend in my freshmen year and we were caught. The professor gave us choices between admit that we shared our work, get a zero and not show up on the record, or send this case to the committee. I chose to get a zero, so I should not have any marks on my transcript.

My question is do I still need to state this on my application? I mean it's not going to show up anywhere on my transcript. Should I still let the adcoms know about this?

No.

:thumbup:

You already got your punishment for it, as a 0, something that has a negative impact on your record and application, so no reason to get a double-negative affect. As an analogy, if you cheated on your girlfriend and she dumped you over it, you wouldn't tell your next girlfriend about it outright, you'd just fall under suspicion or get dumped again. ;) I just hope you learned your lesson from your experience, I'm sure academic dishonesty in dental school would have far worse consequences.

Members don't see this ad :)
As an analogy, if you cheated on your girlfriend and she dumped you over it, you wouldn't tell your next girlfriend about it outright, you'd just fall under suspicion or get dumped again.

Pretty good analogy! :thumbup:

Thanks for the input guys.

I am also wondering how should I check my academic record? I know I can order an official transcript and to see whether there are any marks, but how do I check my own academic record? Do I just go see my adviser and ask them to check for me? Has anyone done this before?