Quick question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tryin2suxede

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How significant is sGPA compared to cGPA? I have a D+ in an intro science class, and i am going to retake it before applying. other than that, i have all As and A-s (with a couple of B+s). My Science classes (excluding the D+ class and one C+) are As and A-s, so my sGPA is around a 3.5-3.6, while my cGPA is like a 3.7. What are my chance for top 50 med schools if i get a 35+ on the MCAT. I have research experience (2+years) and have about 500+ hours of volunteering at different hospitals, including a cancer hospital. i have about 100 hours of shadowing too. I have average LORs (i go to a large school, so the teachers don't know me very well) but am active in many school groups (I hold two board member positions.) I am just worried about my D+ class, which i took in freshman year before i straightened myself out and got my priorities straight. Has anyone ever been in this situation, and is there anyway i can explain to admissions to not judge me based on the D+?

Members don't see this ad.