Quick Question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sunlyght

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When do you pay for the med school apps through AMCAS? Like let's say I apply to 30 schools, when do I pay? Actually, when do I declare which schools I want? Do I do that when I take the test or when I submit my complete application to AMCAS. I'm confused :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

When you submit your amcas application you check off the schools you wish to apply to and enclose the necessary fee.

however on the day of the MCATS you bring codes for non-amcas schools, such as columbia, nyu, texas, etc....and amcas will forward them your mcats scores at no additional charge. you are allowed 6 of these I think.

When you submit your amcas application you pick the schools from a list. It cost 30 dollars per school, plus an additional fee, and you can pay by credit card.

Please post any more questions you may have. Good luck! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Foxy is correct, but to clarify it is $150 for the first school and $30 for each additional. Texas schools are seperate and you need to fill out a seperate application. You can acces :) s it from the AAMC web site.

what if I want to send a check? And how do I find out which schools are non-AMCAS?
thanks

Where do you get the non-SCAMCAS school codes that you need to bring to the test so that they may be forwarded to the schools? Are you sure that they aren't provided at the testing site? Thanks SDN -

I know for sure that the non-amcas codes are not provided for you when you take the mcat. So make sure you take the codes with you on test day. I did not take the codes with me and nobody had a booklet so I ended up having to pay for nyu and columbia later.