1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Quick Question...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Sunlyght, Feb 8, 2002.

1. Sunlyght

Sunlyght Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

When do you pay for the med school apps through AMCAS? Like let's say I apply to 30 schools, when do I pay? Actually, when do I declare which schools I want? Do I do that when I take the test or when I submit my complete application to AMCAS. I'm confused :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. souljah1

souljah1 Attending
    10+ Year Member

When you submit your amcas application you check off the schools you wish to apply to and enclose the necessary fee.

4. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    however on the day of the MCATS you bring codes for non-amcas schools, such as columbia, nyu, texas, etc....and amcas will forward them your mcats scores at no additional charge. you are allowed 6 of these I think.

When you submit your amcas application you pick the schools from a list. It cost 30 dollars per school, plus an additional fee, and you can pay by credit card.

Please post any more questions you may have. Good luck! :D

5. P60001

P60001 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Foxy is correct, but to clarify it is $150 for the first school and $30 for each additional. Texas schools are seperate and you need to fill out a seperate application. You can acces :) s it from the AAMC web site.

6. Sunlyght

Sunlyght Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

what if I want to send a check? And how do I find out which schools are non-AMCAS?
    thanks

7. Jameson

Jameson Member
    7+ Year Member

Where do you get the non-SCAMCAS school codes that you need to bring to the test so that they may be forwarded to the schools? Are you sure that they aren't provided at the testing site? Thanks SDN -

8. reesie0726

reesie0726 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I know for sure that the non-amcas codes are not provided for you when you take the mcat. So make sure you take the codes with you on test day. I did not take the codes with me and nobody had a booklet so I ended up having to pay for nyu and columbia later.