Quick Question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

corymartin2012

Collegiate Golfer
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I just got finished shadowing my first podiatrist this week and it was a great experience. I learned that I actually think I would enjoy podiatry more than dentistry (mainly because feet > teeth but also the current condition of med/dent business is iffy at best in the 10 year range and podiatry seems to be be increasing with the elevated foot problems present and growing).

I was just curious if its possible to apply to podiatry school with only three years of schooling (and all pre-reqs accomplished) or if they require a bachelors degree. Also if they do accept the just 90 hours + pre-reqs what kind of statistics would be required to be accepted (average or slightly above average maybe even some numbers haha).

I would be greatly appreciative. Also last thing.
Is it possible to partner with a fellow podiatrist and work like a 2day/week then 3day/week thing and just switch off weeks with ability to cover for vacation/emergency/etc. And pull in 60-80k. Because I read about the salaries and it seems possible even with newer partners together, just curious if any current experience!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello.

I was just curious if its possible to apply to podiatry school with only three years of schooling (and all pre-reqs accomplished) or if they require a bachelors degree. Also if they do accept the just 90 hours + pre-reqs what kind of statistics would be required to be accepted (average or slightly above average maybe even some numbers haha).

I would be greatly appreciative. Also last thing.
Is it possible to partner with a fellow podiatrist and work like a 2day/week then 3day/week thing and just switch off weeks with ability to cover for vacation/emergency/etc. And pull in 60-80k. Because I read about the salaries and it seems possible even with newer partners together, just curious if any current experience!

1. Yes there are plenty who apply without a BS/BA, I would though reccomend getting the degree though as it strengthens your CV and makes you a bit more competitive.
2. Perhaps PADPM or any other attendings can chime in better, but it is possible I would think. Keep in mind only making 60k means you will net about $800 a week, factor in student loans of 200K you are probably going to be living frugally. If that is something you are fine with then all the better.