Quick questions....OCHEM...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
F

future_dentist

I just want to thank all the SDN members who had helped me with my questions for DAT.....Well I have few more stupid question....

How can I know what reactions have major and minor products????

SO you guys memorized all the rxns??? how did u guys do that....I memorized the rxn from Kaplan flash cards but when I took the Subject tests and mid-terms I still go them wrong....

One more thing...WHAT IS A DIMER??????

are there questions on IR on DAT????

Thanks u all..

Members don't see this ad.

A dimer is two monomeric subunits that are attached. If you see two subunits in a molecule, it is a dimer. If there are many of that subunit is a polymer.

I assume all spectra will be straight forward like what does a broad peak above 3000 represent. Alcohol obviously. Or a peak at 17500, ketone. Depending on the molecule, the spectra can almost overlap making it maybe this and maybe that. That's why I assume it'll be obvious.

future_dentist said:
I just want to thank all the SDN members who had helped me with my questions for DAT.....Well I have few more stupid question....

How can I know what reactions have major and minor products????

SO you guys memorized all the rxns??? how did u guys do that....I memorized the rxn from Kaplan flash cards but when I took the Subject tests and mid-terms I still go them wrong....

One more thing...WHAT IS A DIMER??????

are there questions on IR on DAT????

Thanks u all..

u should try to look at the mechanisms when memorizing the rxns b/c many of them have the same mechanisms and its a lot easier that way