1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Quick questions....OCHEM...

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by future_dentist, Jul 26, 2006.

1. future_dentist

Pre-Dental
    I just want to thank all the SDN members who had helped me with my questions for DAT.....Well I have few more stupid question....

How can I know what reactions have major and minor products????

SO you guys memorized all the rxns??? how did u guys do that....I memorized the rxn from Kaplan flash cards but when I took the Subject tests and mid-terms I still go them wrong....

One more thing...WHAT IS A DIMER??????

are there questions on IR on DAT????

Thanks u all..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Clapton

Clapton Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    A dimer is two monomeric subunits that are attached. If you see two subunits in a molecule, it is a dimer. If there are many of that subunit is a polymer.

I assume all spectra will be straight forward like what does a broad peak above 3000 represent. Alcohol obviously. Or a peak at 17500, ketone. Depending on the molecule, the spectra can almost overlap making it maybe this and maybe that. That's why I assume it'll be obvious.

3. smnop

smnop Member
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    u should try to look at the mechanisms when memorizing the rxns b/c many of them have the same mechanisms and its a lot easier that way

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...