Quick response, I've got a question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Z

Zmoody33

I recently submitted my application to various schools and a day later I recieved an interview invite to NYCPM. Is this common? My LOR from the podiatrist hasn't even been sent... Is the school very desperate or is this something common?

Members don't see this ad.

Some of the pod schools do that. I guess they are very efficient at it or just expect you to bring any missing materials with you. When I talked to some of those schools they said, they won't make a decision on a file until it is complete though you already had an interview.

It depends on what is missing from the profile. The LOR is not what makes the decision on whether to interview you. You get the interview based on numbers and then get accepted based on your personality and other factors in the profile.

In the beginning of the application cycle the admissions process is a little slower. Then at the end the schools speed up the process because they know everyone is in a hurry, even the schools to fill up the class.

I recently submitted my application to various schools and a day later I recieved an interview invite to NYCPM. Is this common? My LOR from the podiatrist hasn't even been sent... Is the school very desperate or is this something common?

I think most schools notify applicants pretty quickly. For me, I got news of interviews from 5 different schools all within 5 or 6 days, but the absolute quickest was Barry, which notified me by email 6-8hrs after I submitted my application. I think NY notified me next day as well, so its somewhat common. As far as desperation of some schools vs. others, Im not sure if opening that can of worms is the wisest thing to do. Search the old threads, I know its been discussed before...