quick scenario question -

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s1lver

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Regarding the 2009 MCAT Schedule:

Let's say I will take the test on April 24th and received my scores a month later. Now let's say I want to take the MCAT again - I can still register for the May 28th exam, right? All I need to do is pay the $50-something late fee? Or is it too late by then?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Let's say I will take the test on April 24th and received my scores a month later. Now let's say I want to take the MCAT again - I can still register for the May 28th exam, right? All I need to do is pay the $50-something late fee? Or is it too late by then?

Thanks.

If you want to register for both dates back to back, you can probably register for April 24 and May 28. If you get good scores by May 26, then just drop May 28th testing date. You might lose the money you used for the May 28th registration, but I think this method would work if you want back-to-back testing.

If you want to register for both dates back to back, you can probably register for April 24 and May 28. If you get good scores by May 26, then just drop May 28th testing date. You might lose the money you used for the May 28th registration, but I think this method would work if you want back-to-back testing.

Great suggestion. Thanks! :D:D:D

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks.

What you would most likely need to do is register for the May 28 date immediately after you walk out of the test on April 24 to get a seat. If you wait until you get your scores back around May 24, I find it unlikely that you'll be able to find a place to take the exam on such short notice, even if you have the $50 late fee.

You can't do that, unfortunately.

You can only register after your first testing date. You must write, cancel, or void the test. Then immediately after you leave the center you can register. You can't sign up for two physical seats at once.

Yup. You can only be registered for one test sitting at a time. What you would have to do it try to sign up after you have taken your first test.

Not necessarily related, but probably helpful: Never plan to get a worse score on a test than you want before you take it. It gives you the option of quitting halfway through your first MCAT and saying "Well, I'll just take this again." You definitely want your first attempt to be your best, as it's nice to put "1" on the form for number of MCATs taken. I would say do everything you can to make sure you don't HAVE to take it twice; every minute spent preparing for that eventuality is one that could be spent making sure it never happens.