Quick!! SLU or Tulane??????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drosenb3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just graduated from Tulane undergrad and now have to choose btwn Saint Louis University and Tulane for med school.

Which should I choose tomorrow?:eek:

Tulane
pros: New Orleans is fun, and warm weather.
cons: hurricanes, went there for undergrad

SLU
pros: change of scenery
cons: cold, lots of people from local MO schools, name carries less weight for residencies in the South

Members don't see this ad.

tough one....if you really cant decide....flip a coin

I stay in New Orleans and maybe would go to SLU for a new experience if I were you. Come back to New Orleans during mardi gras lol, and you know its too hot here. Overall, Tulane is the better school though SLU has its strong points too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I stay in New Orleans and maybe would go to SLU for a new experience if I were you. Come back to New Orleans during mardi gras lol, and you know its too hot here. Overall, Tulane is the better school though SLU has its strong points too.
disagree...I would say both are nearly equal...so pick whichever one you got the better vibe from.

I just graduated from Tulane undergrad and now have to choose btwn Saint Louis University and Tulane for med school.

Which should I choose tomorrow?:eek:

Tulane
pros: New Orleans is fun, and warm weather.
cons: hurricanes, went there for undergrad

SLU
pros: change of scenery
cons: cold, lots of people from local MO schools, name carries less weight for residencies in the South

Since you are a recent Tulane grad, it seems you don't have to deal with 2 of the biggest unknowns for people considering the move to NO, namely the "warm" weather and the aftermath of Katrina (and the reality that recovery is really not coming along very well no matter what people around the country believe).

Sounds like a vote to stay in New Orleans if you ask me...

Flip a coin.. really.. they're almost the same. I'll throw in my 2 cents tho. I'm going to SLU because of the block curriculum and because i like St. Louis. I grew up here and its really not such a bad place and theres a lot of cool stuff to do around town (though its kind of hidden at first glance). It does get cold during the winter, but overall its normally hoodie/jeans cold, not snowsuit/scaling Mt. Everest cold like minnesota or wisconsin.