Quick Verbal Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medemic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the MCAT, will the passages always be sourced? So will we always know the title? I've read looking at the title of a passage can always provide a good clue into a question or two and may even help eliminate wrong answers. I just want to make sure this is the case before I implement this into my strategy. Thanks

M

Members don't see this ad.

It's pretty sad when us pre-meds have to look at the title of a huge passage in hopes it will help us answer questions. Not saying this to bash you (I would probably do the same). I'm just saying it just goes to show how hard VR is and how students are looking to do ANYTHING that will help them because VR makes them feel so hopeless. Straight up the AAMC should reduce the difficulty of VR, at least a little... or make the curve slightly more generous? Gets me so pissed off.

Members don't see this ad :)
On the MCAT, will the passages always be sourced? So will we always know the title? I've read looking at the title of a passage can always provide a good clue into a question or two and may even help eliminate wrong answers. I just want to make sure this is the case before I implement this into my strategy. Thanks

M

I havent taken any AAMCs yet, but all the EKs are not sourced. I assumed this was the case on the real thing. I wouldn't say titles give you enough to answer questions, but they definitely helped put me in the correct mode of reading when taking the SATs...

Why is that?

Life is like a game of poker. You are given cards, sometimes its a bad hand, other times you get pocket aces. The point I'm trying to make is that you can't change what reality gives you. You get your hand, and you play it if you got the guts. Or, you can fold, and wait for the next good hand. That's all I have to say on that matter because this thread is not going to get hijacked. So does anybody have a for sure answer on this?