Quitting a tutoring/mentorship activity or sticking through for sake of LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riseNshine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in a tutoring/mentorship activity for disadvantaged youth and I love it,but was thinking of quitting a couple weeks earlier than the timeframe I agreed to do it. Have been in it for a year and it will be one of the major activities on my app. Will adcoms expect a letter from my supervisor or is it okay to quit early? I probably wouldn't ask for a LOR considering I'm leaving the program earlier than I agreed to, wouldn't want any of that to be included.

I'm also quitting so I can get more time for academics.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in a tutoring/mentorship activity for disadvantaged youth and I love it,but was thinking of quitting a couple weeks earlier than the timeframe I agreed to do it. Have been in it for a year and it will be one of the major activities on my app. Will adcoms expect a letter from my supervisor or is it okay to quit early? I probably wouldn't ask for a LOR considering I'm leaving the program earlier than I agreed to, wouldn't want any of that to be included.

I'm also quitting so I can get more time for academics.

Thanks

Two weeks early?! I'd suggest you stick to your commitment. It will pay off. Actually, if I were you, I wouldn't quit, period; I'd probably find a way to lower my hours though. The reason is such long term commitments long really good on your application.