Quitting Job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HMad123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you @Faha @LizzyM and @Goro for your help. I got my first acceptance and 2 interviews pending. Thank you very much. I am looking for one more suggestion. I am planning to travel before the school starts. When is the right time to quit my job? Should I wait till I get the acceptance from the desired school?

Thank you very much

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Since you have one acceptance you can leave your job at anytime. However, you also do not want to be traveling before the interview season ends in February sine you want to be available to attend interviews.

Reactions: 2 users
I'd say late February-early March is a good time to travel. Any later and you run the risk of missing second look events which may be important to you if you've not had the opportunity to tour the school and meet current faculty and students. Any earlier and you might miss out on late interview invites.

Adcoms won't care when /if you quit your job. You weren't admitted on the premise that you'd work until the day before matriculation.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, old thread, but I wanted to switch to work as a farm help at a local cattle and pork farm by early Dec. I have an interview in mid Nov and early Dec. I have been thinking about changing to a job like this for a while. Can I swtich my job as a clinical research coordiantor to this new job? This is more of a personal change. @Goro

Hi all, old thread, but I wanted to switch to work as a farm help at a local cattle and pork farm by early Dec. I have an interview in mid Nov and early Dec. I have been thinking about changing to a job like this for a while. Can I swtich my job as a clinical research coordiantor to this new job? This is more of a personal change. @Goro
Yeah it's fine. Applying to medical school is not like applying to another job

Yeah it's fine. Applying to medical school is not like applying to another job
Wow, I am surprised to hear this. I thought this would show lack of commitment and jeapordize possible acceptances. Thank you, is this significant enough where I need to update schools about this change?

Wow, I am surprised to hear this. I thought this would show lack of commitment and jeapordize possible acceptances. Thank you, is this significant enough where I need to update schools about this change?
Not you, birds, but pre-meds seem to think that commitment means that one is chained to every every enterprise one commits to.

Reactions: 2 users
Please do not post in old threads. You'll find that this is a common question and you can find prior threads where this has been answered through the search feature.

Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.