Race and Gender Bias in Pain Medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
Anyone participating in this event? The panel's perspective on this topic would be outstanding.

1592579656382.png

Members don't see this ad.

Need one for BMI bias in pain medicine

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Besides Deer, who are all these other idiots? What makes their opinions on this topic something worth listening to?

Besides Deer, who are all these other idiots? What makes their opinions on this topic something worth listening to?

Why would Tim Deer be the expert on race and gender bias in pain management? Can you fix it with a stimulator?

• Hmm
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Tim operates at a level above you guys. And it is his show. Besides his love of making money, he is an expert in many things and a good guy.

Expert at getting his employees and friends speaking gigs.

I saw on LinkedIn a vertiflex “master class” webinar. Lol. Vflex has zero clue who is a master about anything.

Tim Deer won't set foot on stage if his makeup isn't perfect. He will delay speaking gigs if his make up isn't perfect. This is not rumor or talking BS about him - It is an absolute fact.

Once you get past that fact and move on to his being an industry prostitute, I'm sure he's a great guy.

I guarantee he's got a ridiculous IQ and is a cool dude.

That other stuff though...Hard to ignore.

Why would Tim Deer be the expert on race and gender bias in pain management? Can you fix it with a stimulator?
You’re correct about Deer. I’m not implying that he‘s some expert on gender or race bias. What I meant was I’ve never heard of any of these other guys. At least Deer has some name recognition to lend to this webinar.

You’re correct about Deer. I’m not implying that he‘s some expert on gender or race bias. What I meant was I’ve never heard of any of these other guys. At least Deer has some name recognition to lend to this webinar.

I have met a few of those other ppl. That group of ppl is a package deal.

Members don't see this ad :)
What’s the big deal if they team up with industry and get paid well for it? Do you think they’re giving subpar care to patients? If not, who cares?

What’s the big deal if they team up with industry and get paid well for it? Do you think they’re giving subpar care to patients? If not, who cares?

How do you think their “teaming” with industry shapes their worldviews, values, and collective commitments?

Think bigger.

I wonder how much a white, cis gendered, male doctor’s opinion is worth on this topic?
It's likely just another presentation that they can put on their CV to sound good.

Funny how you never see "famous" people speaking about sphenocath. I don't think it's a coincidence that "famous" speakers only talk about stim, vertiflex, kypho, etc. $$$$$$ drives what is considered "good" care. I'm willing to bet that if stim reimbursement was reduced to $400 trial and $600 implant, suddenly nobody would be speaking about how it's the next best thing.

I guess it’s just me but I think these are well respected people in the field, and I doubt they are getting paid for a society webinar....

Or Medicaid bias in pain medicine.

I DID discriminate against Medicaid in my private practice. Why? They were non compliant and nothing ever worked for them. Being at a non-profit, I can't do that now. I do notice that 100% of the "no shows" are Medicaid".

Regarding race- no. My "favorite" patients tend to be older black women, as they all seem to be great cooks. Being very interested in cooking, I love to trade recipes. The bummer is that many of those women are taken advantage of by thier families, who expect them to cook for 30 people on family get togethers.