Pain Review book to educate resident with?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ligament

Interventional Pain Management
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,

I have a student rotating through and I'd like a Pain Medicine review book we could use to study together. Ideally, I'd like to go over a chapter every other day. I'd like it to be in outline format and concise. I'd like it to be practical and not too theoretical. One such book I used to like was Pain Medicine and Management: Just the Facts by Staats and Wallace, however this book is now almost 10 years old. I liked it because the chapters were in outline format, practical, concise, no BS.

Can anybody recommend a more up to date book instead of this one?

Pain Medicine and Management: Just the Facts, 2e
 
I would guess that most of the big concepts are still the same, especially at a student level even if 10 years old. I would just get that book and then add anything that you feel is important, especially if it has a format that you like.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad