Race/Ethnicity Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1049665

As an URM I am honestly disgusted by the amount of threads asking what race/ethnicity applicants should put down on their apps. its pretty obvious that people are tying to get the "URM advantage". Which when you look at the hardship and systemic discrimination that ALL URM face to even get to the point where they can apply, you know if you fit the category. MY point is that people need to ask themselves what do you put on a job application, license, etc. there is your answer please do not try take an advantage from URM, while you dont want the daily struggles we face everyday

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
As an URM I am honestly disgusted by the amount of threads asking what race/ethnicity applicants should put down on their apps. its pretty obvious that people are tying to get the "URM advantage". Which when you look at the hardship and systemic discrimination that ALL URM face to even get to the point where they can apply, you know if you fit the category. MY point is that people need to ask themselves what do you put on a job application, license, etc. there is your answer please do not try take an advantage from URM, while you dont want the daily struggles we face everyday
^^^THIS! You can't have our rhythm if you don't want our blues!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I always find those threads funny. Legit the only times I've ever seen ORMs wish they was African American :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
If being a minority was such a big advantage, we would be the majority of the students in class. Just asking this question is someone assuming that we haven't earned our spot when its typically 100 times harder for us to get to this point.

Reactions: 2 users

THIS! Everyone wants to be [insert URM] but no one wants to be [insert URM]. Just looking for a way to be oppressed.

Last edited: