Racetams (Nootropics)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Firewalkwithme

Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone ever used/indulged in any of the racetams! What experiences did you encounter? Side effects and such?

Just outta curiosity!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They work for normal people but you have to take them consistently for a month or so for it to built up.
 
They work. Its just impossible to say how good theyll work for you. Ive used piracetam and aniracetam. You have to take it religiously for noticeable results. The effects for me were limited to an increase in memorization ability. Like being able to recall 10 random numbers after a first glance compared to 6... and also you should take enough choline each day
 
Taking drugs (nootropics) for non-medical reasons in order to enhance your mental performance is kinda lame and weak. It just screams that you don't have the natural mental capacity to do good in your classes.

Besides it should be illegal if it really does increase your mental functions just like how physical enhancement drugs (anabolic steroids) are illegal in sports.
 
Taking drugs (nootropics) for non-medical reasons in order to enhance your mental performance is kinda lame and weak. It just screams that you don't have the natural mental capacity to do good in your classes.

Besides it should be illegal if it really does increase your mental functions just like how physical enhancement drugs (anabolic steroids) are illegal in sports.

Dude for how lame that comparison was I still agree with that statement, eventually someone is going to over do it and I can just hear the news headlines: A doctor at Blah blah hospital killed two patients after overdosing on a nootropic drug, the doctor could not be reached for comment +pissed+
 
Most students use nootropics to increase their memory and retention of material. I honestly don't see anything wrong with that. And many nootropics have little, if any, significant side effects, so the comparison to anabolic steroids invalid. Yes, illegal use of nootropics to gain an unfair advantage over other students is unethical, but nootropic use itself? I don't think so. If you drink coffee for a morning boost, you are using a nootropic.
 
most of them arent even for memory enhancing, so idk how you could ban them.
 
Taking drugs (nootropics) for non-medical reasons in order to enhance your mental performance is kinda lame and weak. It just screams that you don't have the natural mental capacity to do good in your classes.

Yeah, totally. If telomerase activators ever pan out for life extension medicine, anyone who takes them would definitely be lame and weak, as well. I mean, if you can't live to 100+ without the help of drugs, then who the f**k are you? Just some average joe loser

Besides it should be illegal if it really does increase your mental functions just like how physical enhancement drugs (anabolic steroids) are illegal in sports.

I have a feeling if I ever met you IRL, someone would have to restrain me from punching you in the face

/leaving thread
 
Taking drugs (nootropics) for non-medical reasons in order to enhance your mental performance is kinda lame and weak. It just screams that you don't have the natural mental capacity to do good in your classes.

Besides it should be illegal if it really does increase your mental functions just like how physical enhancement drugs (anabolic steroids) are illegal in sports.

I hope you've never drank coffee before a test, as you sir would be a hypocrite.
 
I have a feeling if I ever met you IRL, someone would have to restrain me from punching you in the face

You sound like a real tough guy threatening me personally with physical violence. Anyways, I have reported your threatening post to the mods.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You sound like a real tough guy threatening me personally with physical violence.

I didn't threaten you personally with physical violence lol. Strong reading comprehension, I see a low VR score in your future.

Anyways, I have reported your threatening post to the mods.
baby_crying.jpg
 
The long-term impacts of these substances are unknown, so it's best to maximize the effects and minimize your exposure by waiting until the night before a final exam (or your interview!) to try any of them. :prof:
 
Taking drugs (nootropics) for non-medical reasons in order to enhance your mental performance is kinda lame and weak. It just screams that you don't have the natural mental capacity to do good in your classes.

Besides it should be illegal if it really does increase your mental functions just like how physical enhancement drugs (anabolic steroids) are illegal in sports.

I guess you don't have the natural mental capacity to know the difference between an adverb and an adjective...