Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not the one whose racist--just to let you know. Allow me to explain the situation:
I am trying to go to college next semester (spring) with my major being pre-veterinary medicine. I was talking to my mother about the 27-28 (I think they might add another vet school if they havent already--only rumors tho so don't quote me on it) veterinary schools in the country. My mother was all for it until I casually mentioned that one of the veterinary schools happens to be offered at a historically black college. (tuskegee university vet school to be exact.) Thats when my mother told me "well don't go to that veterinary school".
I don't get it, there's only 27-28 veterinary schools in the US, one cannot afford to be picky and cannot afford to let something as trivial as race get in the way of furthering your education.
How do I deal with this problem?
I am trying to go to college next semester (spring) with my major being pre-veterinary medicine. I was talking to my mother about the 27-28 (I think they might add another vet school if they havent already--only rumors tho so don't quote me on it) veterinary schools in the country. My mother was all for it until I casually mentioned that one of the veterinary schools happens to be offered at a historically black college. (tuskegee university vet school to be exact.) Thats when my mother told me "well don't go to that veterinary school".
I don't get it, there's only 27-28 veterinary schools in the US, one cannot afford to be picky and cannot afford to let something as trivial as race get in the way of furthering your education.
How do I deal with this problem?