Rad Onc Twitter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just don’t see him besting Lou Potters 1.7 million.
That could easily be a pay cut from cancer center director especially if including bonuses/etc

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think the areytnoid is more important than carotid. haves seen longterm edema with hoarsenss
1611235979231.png

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Doxx attempt on Twitter:

• Angry
  • Sad
Doxx attempt on Twitter:

Doxx attempt on Eigenvalue, or an attempt to ask "who is the Kansas oncologist studying RT omission in Her2+"

Definitely sounds risky. In my opinion, we still haven’t moved on from omitting radiation to the elderly luminal A patients gets. Yes, we can but should we?

As far as doxxing (sp) not cool at all!

Doxx attempt on Eigenvalue, or an attempt to ask "who is the Kansas oncologist studying RT omission in Her2+"
Hard to tell, that is true. However, Eigenvalue didn't use their real name for a reason, and Dr. Drew Moghanaki should respect that.

Hard to tell, that is true. However, Eigenvalue didn't use their real name for a reason, and Dr. Drew Moghanaki should respect that.
if you don't use your real name but post things that can be easily linked back you might as well use your name...

if you don't use your real name but post things that can be easily linked back you might as well use your name...
That's doxxing.

If someone wanted to do some Internet sleuthing they could find out who I am. If they did that and then put it out for all to see it would be doxxing.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's doxxing.

If someone wanted to do some Internet sleuthing they could find out who I am. If they did that and then put it out for all to see it would be doxxing.
Definitely doxxing, which is totally in character for him. I feel bad for whoever they trick into working with him at the Atlanta VA.

• Haha
Is university of Kansas really trying to write off xrt in her2 breast cancer? WOW. This is not hard to confirm.

Is university of Kansas really trying to write off xrt in her2 breast cancer? WOW. This is not hard to confirm.
On the off chance Drew is not trying to doxx folks, this was a reply further down on Twitter:

"...spare patients the side effects of radiation." Going straight for the wallet with the HER2 therapies though...

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Sounds about right. Expand program and write off more indications for radiation. Grow your career based on this while worsening jobs for your residents. This means more cheap labour in form of “fellows” or more dead end “satellite” jobs.
Gotta spare patients that big bad terrible radiation you know! Avoid radiation on that “old” lady and put her through years of hormone therapy. Avoid big bad radiation on head and neck patients with worst dysphagia outcomes because radiation is that bad.

when people in our field think the best radiation is no radiation, our field is doomed, f*****! See you at the breadlines.

• Care
Out of all treatments for breast, radiation seems to be the most tolerated (based on my unbiased opinion).

And... it works!

Definitely doxxing, which is totally in character for him. I feel bad for whoever they trick into working with him at the Atlanta VA.

Trick? VA jobs aren't for everyone, but I know some good people that are happy at them. No need to disparage a job you know nothing about.

• Haha
Trick? VA jobs aren't for everyone, but I know some good people that are happy at them. No need to disparage a job you know nothing about.
I don’t think (I assume) he was referring to the VA more so he felt bad for his colleagues.

Sorry if it wasn't clear - I'm extremely pro VA jobs, extremely anti "older RadOnc faculty who have a tendency to be less than collegial".

VA jobs are great if you know the caveats getting into them, but let's not kid ourselves about the kind of people that sometimes end up there. I sit on credentials committee at a local hospital, some of these docs would never make it on to medical staff out in the real world

With the type of personality Drew M has, he'd never cut it in private practice, period

Last edited:
Sounds like another one of the faculty that want to doxx people they don't agree with.

Doxx attempt on Twitter:

I want to say he was asking as to who the Kansas Rad Onc was (Dr. Mitchell, as per the link) not who the twitter user was.

That being said, Drew Boy believes (and says) a lot of dumb stuff on twitter, so who knows.

• Haha
Going back to why breast is the worst! A few posts up we have researchers trying to get rid of radiation for a more aggressive histology (HER2+) but yet at the same time we have researchers saying we need more intensive treatment for DCIS.

I think we need to stop trying to get out of the game and stay in it.

• Haha
Going back to why breast is the worst! A few posts up we have researchers trying to get rid of radiation for a more aggressive histology (HER2+) but yet at the same time we have researchers saying we need more intensive treatment for DCIS.

I think we need to stop trying to get out of the game and stay in it.
Breast cancer is kinda unique... If you get a large enough trial of the right population (thousands upon thousands upon thousands), aggressive treatment can definitely pan out statistically, but its clinical significance is always questionable because we're playing with peanuts in terms of %s these days...

ROHub getting the pro and anti seditionist posters out in full force

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210126-094356_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210126-094356_Gmail.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 149
  • Screenshot_20210126-094458_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210126-094458_Gmail.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_20210126-094536_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210126-094536_Gmail.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 155
  • Screenshot_20210126-095021_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210126-095021_Gmail.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Haha
Let's see what ASTRO chooses to censor in the coming days/weeks.

THE GREAT PIRATE VESSEL S.S. SDN RIDES ON TO FREEDOM

Except if you want to discuss experimental and clinical evidence of mask efficacy on SDN. Then you're banned; no freedom there.

• Haha
Is it any surprise that someone named after a confederate general “disagrees” with the definition of sedition?

this will be an interesting one to watch. ASTRO traitors will continue to reveal themselves

• Haha
  • Love
Is it any surprise that someone named after a confederate general “disagrees” with the definition of sedition?

this will be an interesting one to watch. ASTRO traitors will continue to reveal themselves
Ad hominem attack. I agree with Dr. Lee.

• Okay...
  • Haha
Ad hominem attack. I agree with Dr. Lee.
Don't recall an insurrection at the Capitol in 2004, 2008, 2016 etc.

Cancel culture is targeting those that are still supporting baseless claims post insurrection, don't see a problem with that personally. 45 had countless opportunities to put up or shut up.

That being said, ASTRO should poll the membership imo to see which way they should go

Go agree with him publicly. He needs your support
I'm not sure what I'm missing. He suggested that the other docs definition of sedition, which was "challenging the results of the election," is overly broad. Either way, perhaps we should bribe the elected officials that can actually help our specialty instead of following the people we whine about down the rabbit-hole of online righteousness.

• Okay...
Don't recall an insurrection at the Capitol in 2004, 2008, 2016 etc.

Cancel culture is targeting those that are still supporting baseless claims post insurrection, don't see a problem with that personally. 45 had countless opportunities to put up or shut up.

That being said, ASTRO should poll the membership imo to see which way they should go
I think he was referring to politicians questioning election results previously. Jumping from constitutionally allowed actions to sedition to insurrection seems like a big jump

At this point, if it's a politician that wants to arm police departments with tanks, hunt down aliens infesting the government, and burn all the Dominion voting machines... but wants to wholeheartedly support radiation oncology... this should be a pol ASTRO supports.

• Haha
I think we all can agree that our money should go to bribing whoever can help us out more.

I think we all can agree that our money should go to bribing whoever can help us out more.
I think the technical term for this is "networking", right?

ASTRO, maybe if you network more, the government will stop coming after us. Networking!

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Whether ASTRO should lobby politicians who engaged in the attempt to overturn the election is an interesting question.
One always questions the morality of politicians supporting unscrupulous lobbyists... but I don’t think I have ever thought about the converse.