Radiation certificate in maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newbieDDS

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, can anyone tell me where can I get RHS certificate in Maryland instead of going through the entire program. I ve a foreign dental degree. I ll be gratefull if someone who has gone through this process could guide me with info.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, can anyone tell me where can I get RHS certificate in Maryland instead of going through the entire program. I ve a foreign dental degree. I ll be gratefull if someone who has gone through this process could guide me with info.
Thanks

hi. I am also in maryland. for this state you need to take DANB exam. but CDA exam will not give you maryland licence. After passing CDA, Maryland dental board sent me letter to attend dental assiting school . luckily I did that. so it's mandatory to attend dental assistinget school.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi. I am also in maryland. for this state you need to take DANB exam. but CDA exam will not give you maryland licence. After passing CDA, Maryland dental board sent me letter to attend dental assiting school . luckily I did that. so it's mandatory to attend dental assistinget school.
Thanks for the information. where did u attend dental assistant school in Maryland? I called DANB , they said since I have a foreign degree, a 24hr radiology course is mandatory for RHS certificate. A community college said I require 3500hrs of dental assistanting under supervision of a dentist.
So I am confused with the entire procedure.

Thanks for the information. where did u attend dental assistant school in Maryland? I called DANB , they said since I have a foreign degree, a 24hr radiology course is mandatory for RHS certificate. A community college said I require 3500hrs of dental assistanting under supervision of a dentist.
So I am confused with the entire procedure.

Unfortunately maryland dental assitant licence is bit complicated. first you need to attend school it's mandatory even though you are a foreign trained dentist. I attended dental assisting school. DATS mdva Annapolis branch. you can check their website.
You can take DANB and become CDA. but the moment I got my CDA licence maryland dental board sent me a letter that you need to send your classroom hours for radiology licence and for EFDA you need to have 3500 work hours. even though our have passed DANB but maryland dental board says "No". you have to follow our rules. and they will send you very long letters explaining everything .

Reactions: 1 user
Is it mandatory to have SSN? I dont have one as I am on H4 visa.